Got a roach issue? Look no further than Midway Pest Management. Our expert staff will get rid of your resident creepy crawlies, sending them packing for good. We will restore your peace of mind with our effective pest control methods. Plus, We will help you prevent future roach invasions so you can live comfortably again.
Don’t suffer from a roach infestation any longer. Give us a call today – take action now!
Type of Cockroaches in Kansas
Common cockroach species found in your home include:
- American Cockroach: One of the largest cockroaches in Kansas, mostly found in commercial areas. Reddish-brown and having wings, they can spread illnesses through food and utensils.
- Oriental Cockroach: Resides in sewers and damp places, being larger than German but smaller than American. Dirtiest of the three, they can spread bacteria and viruses.
- German Cockroach: German roaches have two black stripes down their back. They eat sweet things and reproduce rapidly, quickly taking over your home.
- Smoky Brown Cockroach: Omnivorous and highly active outdoors as well as indoors They are brownish with a diameter of up to 1½ inches – spreading diseases mainly from their feces.
- Brown-banded Cockroaches: These are the smallest cockroaches found in Kansas, preferring dark hiding spots. Attracted to warm conditions, these roaches often lurk in appliances or cabinets.
5 Signs of a Cockroach Infestation
Cockroach infestation signs may differ, but there are some usual ones:
1. Droppings: Roach droppings are small and black, often resembling coffee grounds or pepper. The more you see, the bigger your infestation is.
2. Nests: Look for eggs, roaches, and large numbers of them under refrigerators and other hidden places around your home.
3. Live (or dead) sightings: Seeing live bugs at night or dead ones during the day suggests an overcrowded nest desperate for resources.
4. Different odors: A musty, oily, or mildewy smell? A large population of roaches leaving its scent can tell you there’s an infestation at home.
5. Egg Casings: Female roaches leave behind egg casings called oothecae in hidden and wet spots like bookcases and appliances.
Are Cockroaches Dangerous?
Cockroaches are notorious for carrying a variety of diseases. These disease-inducing pests can spread illnesses like dysentery, diarrhea and even poliomyelitis. Their droppings can also contain pathogens responsible for typhoid fever and leprosy. Not only that, but cockroaches can spark allergies in some people.
The best way to avoid these risks is by learning all you can about cockroaches. Understand their routines so you know how to spot signs of an infestation. If you sense an infestation in your home, it’s essential to act fast.
Find a reliable cockroach exterminator who knows what they’re doing before you suspect something’s wrong. Learn to defend your home against creepy crawlies!
Ensure your cockroach control service ticks all the right boxes!
Securing a trustworthy, experienced pest control company is key for protecting your home and family. Ensure that the company you select has extensive knowledge in the type of pest control services you need.
Ask about their pest control services. Are their products environmentally friendly? What type of traps or chemicals do they use? Don’t forget to check the scope of their services. Is it one-time only or year-round pest protection?
With Midway Pest Management, we take all these essential aspects into account – guaranteeing the safety of your home and family through proper pest management services.
What We Do
Inspection is a thorough assessment of your home or business for potential pest activity. Our team will look for signs like droppings, nests, and damage to structures during the initial visit.
To begin eliminating active common household bugs, inside and outside your home, our technicians apply a bug barrier extended at least 4 feet from the foundation, and remove spider webs from exterior surfaces and wasps nests. We also apply treatment to siding along the foundation up to 3 feet.
We are committed to keeping your property pest free. During recurring quarterly visits, we maintain the bug barrier perimeter protection and look for any new pest and wildlife issues. If any arise, we will return at no additional charge and offer a great warranty.
At Midway Pest Management we offer hassle-free customer service. If you need additional services, please call us back as we are quick to respond with a great experience in mind!
How long does the cockroach extermination process take?
Generally, it’ll take one to two hours for an initial service visit. But follow-up treatments may be necessary depending on the severity of the infestation.
Is it safe for my pets and children?
Yes, they usually are when performed by a qualified pest control company. However, keep children and pets away from pesticides while also storing both human food and pet food away from the treatment area.
At Midway, we use only EPA-approved products to ensure the safest way of exterminating the pesky pests living in your home.
Can I treat the infestation myself?
Absolutely! You can use a variety of methods such as boric acid, diatomaceous earth, baking soda, baits, Insect Growth Regulators (IGR), sprays, and granular baits. But the effectiveness may depend on how serious the problem is.
How often should I schedule pest control services?
It depends on your property type, pest pressures in your area as well as your family’s needs. Generally aim for quarterly check-ups or every two to three months for general pest control.
How soon can I expect to see results after the cockroach extermination treatment?
That’ll vary by species and size of the infestation – contact Midway Pest Management to learn more.
Why Choose Us
At Midway Pest Management, we understand that the health of your family is at stake.
We provide effective solutions for all types of cockroaches, including German roaches and American roaches. We also specialize in the control of a wide range of pests, such as cockroaches, bed bugs, wasps, and rodents.
Our team of professional exterminators uses the latest methods and technologies to ensure that all infestations are eliminated quickly and effectively. We are committed to providing environmentally friendly, safe services.
We also offer treatment for all types of unwanted wildlife in the Kansas City area and its surrounding areas, including Platte City and Overland Park.
With Midway Pest Management on your side, you will never have to worry about pests again. Schedule your first consultation now!